STEVEDORE DP World Australia is to take delivery of four new ZPMC quayside container cranes for its Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne terminals.
The cranes left China on the vessel Zhen Hua 21 on Sunday February 11 and are set to arrive next month.
DPWA’s Brisbane and Sydney terminals are both set to receive one crane each, with two cranes to be delivered to West Swanson in Melbourne.
The cranes, built on Changxing Island, Shanghai, China, are said to have the latest electrical technology and have more efficient operating systems and improved ergonomics.
According to DPWA, this delivery is the first part of an order for a total of nine cranes.
An additional five cranes are to be delivered to DPWA’s Sydney, Melbourne and Fremantle terminals in mid-2018.
- Rated capacity under spreader 65 tonnes and 75 tonne under heavy lift beam;
- Outreach of 51 metres, with a rail gauge of 25.3 metres;
- Hoist height above rail is 38 metres;
- Hoist speed 90 metres/minute loaded and 180 metres/minute unloaded;
- Cross travel speed 240 metres/minute.