GEELONGPORT has hosted its third annual “Chilli Chicken Wing It Challenge for Charity” to raise money to support the charity, the Kids with Cancer Foundation.
About 80 participants sampled a range of four chilli sauces smeared over chicken wings.
The chilli sauces were created for the event by the Chilli Seed Bank and included several chilli varieties.
To put the chilli intensity into perspective, the last chilli sauce was said to be equivalent to the hottest chilli in the world – The Carolina Reaper.
The night saw $8000 raised, with organisers calling it “a brilliant success”.
The foundation uses 100% of all donations to support families and groups involved in caring for the children suffering with childhood cancers, ranging from newborn babies to young teenagers.
The money raised helps families who are in financial difficulties due to their child being treated for cancer and helps Australian children’s hospitals where they are being treated.
The night included two major auction items as well as a variety of silent auctions, raising money to support the cause.
This year’s winners were:
- “The Rookie” – Veronica Teofilo – Linx Cargo Care
- “Most Sweaty” – Lynton Battle – Bellarine Plastic Plumbing Services
- “Runniest Nose” – Adam Rodgers – CEMS
- “The Crier” – Daniel Ciantar – Winter & Taylor
- “Red Face” – Ryan McKay – Incitec Pivot
- “The Professional” – Ralph Ruiz – Smiths of Geelong