Wednesday 19th Sep, 2018

NQBP CEO to start next week

Port of Mackay
Port of Mackay

PORT executive Nicolas Fertin has been appointed the new CEO of North Queensland Bulk Ports, and he is to start in the position on Monday 17 September.

Mr Fertin was previously at Southern Ports Authority in Western Australia, where he had been the CEO since February 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT

Prior to this he held senior management roles within the property, port and rail sectors.

NQBP Chair Brad Fish said Mr Fertin has been appointed after a rigorous selection process.

“The NQBP Board congratulates Nicolas on his appointment,” Mr Fish said.

“As well as strong commercial skills, Nicolas has a track record of customer and stakeholder engagement.

“With more than half of Queensland’s trade by tonnage passing through our ports, I look forward to working with Nicolas and the whole NQBP team to deliver great outcomes for our communities and customers.”

The former NQBP CEO, Steve Lewis, departed in December 2017 and took up the role of acting CEO of Mid West Ports, a position that has been permanently filled by Rochelle Macdonald, who had been acting CEO at NQBP, and its general manager – engineering and development.

Recently, the acting CEO position at NQBP has been filled by general manager trade operations Brendan Webb.





Send this to friend