THE Mission to Seafarers has opened nominations for the annual Singapore Awards Dinner.
The call is for the maritime community to propose individuals and organisations that have made significant contributions to improving the welfare of seafarers.
The Singapore Seafarers’ Awards Dinner is to take place on 29 May 2020 and all proceeds are to go to The Mission to Seafarers Singapore.
The awards honour the commitment and contributions to seafarers’ welfare made by seafarers, shore staff and shipping companies around the globe.
The five categories are:
- Seafarer’s Award – The seafarer who has made a significant contribution to welfare at sea
- Shore-based Award – The shore-based person who has made a significant contribution to seafarers’ welfare
- Innovation Award – For the company who has embraced a new programme, project or training which has enhanced seafarers’ welfare
- Cadet Award – for the Cadet or Trainee who has made a significant contribution to seafarers’ welfare at sea or ashore
- Secretary General Award – The person or company who has shown sustained efforts to improve seafarers’ welfare at sea or ashore
Mission to Seafarers secretary general Canon Andrew Wright said they hosted “this special evening” to recognise the role seafarers played in our everyday lives.
“We want those individuals going above and beyond to make a difference to the lives of those at sea to be rewarded for their hard work and passion,” Canon Wright said. The event is to be held at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Raffles Avenue, Singapore.