TRADE and Investment Queensland is encouraging Queensland SMEs to consider applying for an Export Market Development Grant to help fund the cost of promoting products in export markets.
The EMDG program is run by Austrade, and reimburses Australian businesses with up to 50% of eligible export promotion expenses over $5,000.
The grants are open to current and aspiring exporters from a wide range of industries.
Austrade is now accepting applications for reimbursement of funds spent in the 2018–19 financial year.
- have an income of less than $50 million for the year
- have spent at least $15,000 on eligible export promotion expenses in the year (or over the past two years if you are a first-time applicant).
- Successful applicants can receive up to 50% reimbursement of eligible expenses.
Eligible expenses include the costs of:
- overseas representation
- marketing consultants and visits
- trade fairs, seminars and in-store promotions
- promotional literature and advertising
- product samples
- bringing potential buyers to Australia
- registering and insuring eligible intellectual property.
Some expenses and export markets are excluded from the program.
In 2017–18, more than 3700 Australian businesses received EMDG funds totalling $131.6m. Applications for this year’s funding close 2 December 2019.