NORTHERN Territory business Monsoon Aquatics was named Australian Exporter of the Year at the 59th Australian Export Awards on 25 November.
Trade minister Dan Tehan has praised all the businesses involved in the Australian Export Awards for their contribution to supporting jobs, the economy and local communities.
“Despite the challenges of the past year, Monsoon Aquatics grew its sales by 35%, and export sales by 18%,” Mr Tehan said.
“This small business is supporting local jobs and businesses while also contributing to social and environmental initiatives, including academic research, youth employment and maintaining the health of the Great Barrier Reef.
“All 89 finalists should be proud of their businesses; together they have contributed more than $6.2 billion in export earnings to the Australian economy and employ more than 17,700 people.
“Our government is supporting Australian entrepreneurs and businesspeople to engage with international trade and be innovative and adaptable to succeed.”
The 13 national category award winners were:
- Advanced Technologies – DroneShield, NSW
- Agribusiness, Food and Beverages – Monsoon Aquatics, NT
- Creative Industries – WildBear Entertainment, ACT
- E-commerce – Clean and Pure, WA
- Emerging Exporter – Penten, ACT
- International Education and Training – Engineering Institute of Technology, WA
- International Health – Invetech, VIC
- Manufacturing and Advanced Materials – AW Bell, VIC; Riviera Australia, QLD
- Minerals, Energy and Related Services – Consep, NSW
- Professional Services – CMAX Clinical Research, SA
- Regional Exporter – AirPhysio, NSW
- Small Business – iBuild Building Solutions, VIC
- Sustainability – True South Seafood, TAS
Aspen Medical was inducted into Australian Export Awards’ Hall of Fame, an accolade for Australian exporters which have won in their category on three occasions.
The annual Australian Export Awards are presented by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) and the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI), in collaboration with states and territories.