Minister for agriculture David Littleproud, has appointed the next Grains Research Development Corporation non-executive directors for a three-year term, which commenced on 1 October 2020.
Minister Littleproud said among the seven people appointed, three are re-appointments and four are new appointees.
“The appointment of the next non-executive directors is paramount to realising the priorities highlighted in GRDC’s Research, Development and Extension Plan for 2018‑2023,” Minister Littleproud said.
The directors will oversee approximately $114m in grain levies and approximately $60m in government matched funds.
“GRDC has set ambitious targets and is delivering on a long-term strategy to create enduring profitability for Australian grain growers,” Mr Littleproud said.
“For example, through strategic investment led by GRDC and its directors, Australian scientists have developed a new tool to better determine when to act against Russian wheat aphid, to reduce harvest losses.”
GRDC is also hosting a series of half-day forums that focus on harvest loss reduction, harvest weed seed control and preventing harvester fires.
“I’m confident the new board members are the right people to lead the GRDC through the challenges ahead.
“I also want to take this opportunity to thank outgoing directors for the leadership, skills and expertise they brought to the GRDC’s operations during their appointments,” he said.
Newly appointed GRDC board members:
• Ms Roseanne Healy – managing director, Enterprise Corporation, South Australia (re-appointment)
• Mr Richard Heath – executive director, Australia Farm Institute, New South Wales (re-appointment)
• Mrs Sharon Starick – primary producer, South Australia (re-appointment)
• Mr Richard Dickmann – head of public and government affairs, Bayer Australia Ltd, Victoria (new appointment)
• Mr Bob Dixon – primary producer, Western Australia (new appointment)
• Mr Andrew Spencer – principal, Ancer Consulting Pty Ltd, New South Wales (new appointment)
• Ms Gemma Walker – primary producer, Western Australia (new appointment)