MANILDRA Group global logistics manager Olga Harriton has been elected as the first female chairperson of the Australian Peak Shippers Association.
Ms Harriton was elected at the APSA 30th annual meeting, held on 27 August, replacing Sean Richards.
“I am privileged to accept this position following the previous two years as vice chair to Sean Richards who did a tremendous job as chair leading the association and our engagement with state and federal governments,” she said.
“We wish Sean all the very best as he continues his executive general manager role at Visy Logistics overseeing their impressive expansion activities.”
Ms Harriton also expressed appreciation to David Werner from Cargill for “his support as a valued APSA committee of management member” during the past two years.
Visy maintains its representation with Brian Thorpe replacing Sean Richards on the committee.
APSA also welcomed Justin Bond from SunRice, Brian Wright who is replacing Michael Dunstan as the representative for the Australian International Movers Association and Stacey McKenna who replaces Patrick Hutchison as the representative for the Australian Meat Industry Council.
The association’s officers include Paul Zalai as secretariat, Kurt Wilkinson from Fletcher International Exports who has been elected vice-chair and Eimear McDonough from Namoi Cotton and the Australian Cotton Shippers Association who continues as treasurer.
“All bring enormous experience in international shipping and landside logistics to our team,” Ms Harriton said.
“I am proud to lead an incredibly high calibre representative group, essential to support Australian exporters during these difficult times.”
The 2020 /2021 APSA officers and committee of management
- Chair, Olga Harriton
- Vice-chair, Kurt Wilkinson
- Treasurer, Eimear McDonagh
- Paul Zalai (director, Freight & Trade Alliance – Secretariat, APSA)
- Stacey McKenna (Australian Meat Industry Council);
- Flaminio Dondina (Casella Family Brands);
- Peter Morgan (CEO – Australian Council for Wool Exporters and Processors);
- Brian Wright (Australian International Movers Association);
- Brian Thorpe (International Shipping Manager – Visy Procurement)
- Justin Bond Head of Global Shipping and Customer Service – SunRice).