PEAK body the Australian Peak Shippers Association has elected its board for the 12 months ahead, with a new chairman among the key changes.
Visy Logistics executive general manager Sean Richards is the new chairman, taking over the reins from Paul Blake of Cloud Global.
The election of board members occurred during the APSA annual meeting this week, held at the Port of Melbourne Education Centre.
The new board is:
- Chairman: Sean Richards (executive general manager– Visy Logistics)
- Vice-Chairman: Olga Harriton (global logistics manager- Manildra)
- Director: Kurt Wilkinson (commercial manager- Fletcher International Exports)
- Director: Flaminio Dondina (general manager- procurement distribution- Casella Family Brands)
- Director: David Werner (trade execution manager- Cargill)
- Director: Patrick Hutchison (CEO- Australian Meat Industry Council)
- Director: Eimear McDonagh (director- Australian Cotton Shippers Association)
- Director: Peter Morgan (CEO – Australian Council for Wool Exporters and Processors)
Secretariat Travis Brooks-Garrett said Australian shippers would have a strong voice in freight, logistics and trade in the year to come.
“This is one of the strongest boards in the history of the Association, reflecting the growth and strength of APSA,” Mr Brooks-Garrett said.
“We have senior leaders from major commodity groups who are all distinguished industry leaders in their own right.”
Mr Brooks-Garrett acknowledged “the incredible contributions” of Paul Blake as outgoing chairman, Dominic Dillon (Cargill) and Michael Lamperd (Bega) for their work on the board during 2018.
The Australian Peak Shippers Association is the peak body for Australia’s sea freight exporters.