AUSTRALIAN Border Force has announced the composition of a board to provide advice on customs issues at the border.
The ten-member Customs Advisory Board features an industry who’s who from both the private sector and industry groups.
The board is:
- Geoff Culbert, CEO, Sydney Airport
- Shayne Elliott, CEO, ANZ
- Dr Stephanie Fahey, CEO, Austrade
- Mike Gallacher, CEO, Ports Australia
- Joel Katz, managing director, Cruise Lines International Association
- Tino La Spina, CEO International, Qantas
- Dianne Tipping, chair, Export Council of Australia
- Jennifer Westacott, chief executive, Business Council of Australia
- Richard White, CEO and founder, WiseTech Global
- Paul Zalai, director, Freight and Trade Alliance.
“By creating a board of industry leaders with significant expertise in trade and travel, and seeking their advice, the ABF will be well placed to undertake our modernisation agenda and support Australia’s continued economic prosperity while keeping Australia safe,” ABF Commissioner Michael Outram said.
“This forum demonstrates the commitment of Australia’s private sector leaders to improving Australia’s trade and travel systems.”
Commissioner Outram is to chair the board.
Ports Australia CEO Mike Gallacher said he was “proud to be included on an impressive board of industry leaders who we share common ground with in protecting our borders for the prosperity of Australian trade and livelihood of our people”.
“We recognise that our borders will only remain resilient if we keep their security as modern as the challenges being thrown at them, which is why we’ll continue offering our support to ABF in collaboration with other industry leaders,” Mr Gallacher said.