THE Australian Border Force administers a strict continuing professional development (CPD) mandatory training requirement on customs brokers to maintain their licence.
Commencing 1 April each year, customs brokers must obtain a minimum of 30 CPD to ensure they are up to date with regulatory compliance requirements and meet their ethical and licensing obligations.
Freight & Trade Alliance (FTA) has launched its program of events in Sydney (6 and 7 May), Melbourne (20 and 21 May), Brisbane (15 June) and Perth (25 June 2022) with an early bird package providing all 30 CPD points as well Continued Biosecurity Competency (CBC) training requirements administered by the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment.
- Australian Trusted Trader – advanced border clearance functions
- Customs Clearance Practices – FTA’s Susan Danks
- Import requirements – Australian Radiation Protection & Nuclear Safety Agency
- Operation Jardena – criminal infiltration in supply chains
- Competition Compliance – Russell Wiese, CGT Law
- Compliance at Regulated facilities – Andrew Christie Consulting
- Biosecurity – dedicated interactive session focused on policy and operational reform – chaired by FTA’s Sal Milici (Sydney/Melbourne) and Paul Zalai (Brisbane/Perth)